Apply for up to £20,000 for your charity group in 2018!
Rosie Cooper MP is asking community groups and local charities across West Lancashire think about what they could do with up to £20,000 this year.
Charities and community groups can apply to receive grants of between £500 and £20,000 raised by players of People’s Postcode Lottery.
Between 14 and 28 February 2018, charities are being urged to submit an expression of interest in the funding, which requires basic details about the organisation, as well as a very short description of the project they are proposing.
West Lancashire MP Rosie Cooper said:
“This is an opportunity not to be missed. We know that there are many charities already doing fantastic work across West Lancashire, but I have no doubt that for many this additional funding would be most welcomed.
“A successful application could help your group deliver an extra special project or expand the existing service and so I encourage as many local charities as possible to apply.”
Clara Govier, Head of Charities at People’s Postcode Lottery, said:
“2017 was a fantastic year for hundreds of grass-roots projects across Great Britain, who received funding from these three Trusts in excess of £8.2 Million. We want to encourage charities to grab this opportunity so that they can continue to make a huge difference to communities around the country.”
The funding is made available through three different charitable trusts depending on the type of project:
- People’s Postcode Trust seeks applications for projects that focus on the prevention of poverty, promotion of human rights and equal rights.
- Postcode Local Trust supports community gardens, play areas, wildlife and green energy projects.
- Postcode Community Trust focuses on grass-roots sports, arts, recreation and healthy living programmes.
For more information on how to apply for funding, please visit the Trusts’ websites:
Players of People’s Postcode Lottery have raised more than £263 million to date for over 4,000 good causes across Great Britain and internationally. A minimum of 32% from each ticket goes to charities
People’s Postcode Lottery
- People’s Postcode Lottery manages multiple charity lotteries (also known as society lotteries). Players play with their postcodes to win cash prizes, while raising money for charities and good causes across Great Britain and globally
- A minimum of 32% goes directly to charities and players have raised £263 million to date for good causes across the country
- Postcode Lottery Limited is regulated by the Gambling Commission under licences number: 000-000829-N-102511-014 and Number: 000-000829-R-102513-013. Registered office: Titchfield House, 69/85 Tabernacle Street, London, EC2A 4RR