West Lancashire MP Rosie Cooper has been contacted by several of her constituents kindly offering their support, donations and even accommodation to those fleeing the violence in Afghanistan.
Rosie has been in contact with both Lancashire County Council and West Lancashire Borough Councils, to ensure these offers are signposted to the correct agencies.
Rosie Cooper MP said:
“The events in Afghanistan have been shocking, and I am really pleased to see the generosity of my constituents, who have gone out of their way to help people fleeing the Taliban.
“Lancashire County Council have clarified to me that they are most in need of donations of food, clothing and furniture for the holding hotels in Manchester. They are also grateful for any offers of family housing that have three or more bedrooms.
“If any of my West Lancashire constituents would like to donate or offer support, they can do so through the following links:”
- Offers of property can be sent to: email@example.com
- To donate clothing, food or furniture to the holding hotels: Care4Calais.
Other charities currently taking donations:
- Ask Club, Skelmersdale;
- Maundy Relief, Accrington;
- Arc Project, Blackburn;
- New Neighbours Together, Burnley;
- Jasmine Centre, Fleetwood;
- Global Link, Lancaster; and
- British Red Cross Refugee Support, Preston.